Mission of the Public Relations Office
The mission of the Office of Communication, Events and Alumni is to mediate access to the university and to act as a conduit between the university and the public at large. We are interlocutors for both journalists and the university body alike. We serve the Office of the President.
Target group oriented and media-specific
We integrate strategic public and media relations measures into a dedicated concept that serves to support the stated goals of our university. We develop and implement these measures in a target group oriented and media specific manner.
We offer a range of target group oriented and conventional media communication services. We also compile various publications and provide a wide range of services including public relations, event management, internet PR and corporate design. In real terms this means: we issue more than 300 press releases each year, thus providing the media with the most up-to-date information about our university. The Office of Communication, Events and Alumni assumes the core responsibility for crafting the university's extensive internet presence; this online service provides both university community and the general public with a broad range of information about our university. We purposely customize this information to meet the needs of various target groups, i.e. prospective students, the student body, university employees, industry, the media and alumni.
Our office manages the university's National Alumni Program . We are also responsible for the conception and organization of two major events that are held regularly at the TU Berlin:
- Long Night of Science 
- First Semester Day Science Show
Conventional press and media services
- Press releases
- Arranging press conferences/briefings
- Responding to enquiries from journalists
- Arranging meetings and interviews with experts
- Maintaining database and mailing lists, as well as feeding scientific information services (idw)
- Internal media consultancy services
- Press review services and monitoring of media feed-back
- Photo service
Strategic Public Relations
- Internal and external public relations consultancy
- Implementation of PR workshops for scientists
- Consultancy services in communicating science and research issues to target groups
Target-group oriented publishing concept
- University newspaper "TU intern"
- Science magazine "Forschung Aktuell" (topical research)
- Alumni magazine "parTU"
- Image brochure and flyers
- TU supplements in Berlin's daily newspaper "Der Tagesspiegel"
- Event calendar
- Various information flyers
- Online presentation of main publications
- Online media services
- Digital photo gallery
- Supervision of CMS TYPO3 and Corporate Design
National Alumni Program of the TU Berlin
Since 1999, the TU Berlin's National Alumni Program has been helping to open doors for our graduates and former employees residing in Germany. This program maintains contacts between nearly 16,000 alumni and the university where they studied or worked.
Tel.: +49 (0)30 314-27650
The Information Office is responsible for conceptualizing and organizing two major events that take place at the TU Berlin each year:
- Long Night
Once every year, scientists at the TU Berlin transform the night into a thrilling demonstration of scientific experimentation. Till well past midnight they present fascinating aspects from more than 200 ongoing scientific projects.
Semester Day Science Show
Where else can you see sand fish skinks on stage, have a look into space or take a 3-D flight over Mars? At the beginning of each winter semester a science show is held to welcome incoming students to the TU Berlin.
ContactOffice of Communication, Events and Alumni
+49 30 314-23922